Thursday 2 January 2014

December Favourites 2013

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Wow, 2013 is over! I can't believe how fast the year has gone, it has quite literally flown by! It hasn't really sunk in yet that it's 2014 - I just can't quite believe it. It's so weird to think that 2012 wasn't "last year" it's now 2 years ago - how scary?! So here is my December favourites post! 

Nivea 2 in 1 Cleanser & Toner
I love getting a new facial scrub or some other new face wash product, however I am never able to keep it up for longer than a week! Sometimes it's because the "wow" factor has worn off after a few uses, or it's often just as my head sinks into my pillow I remember! This might sound bad but I'm sure I'm not the only one who has struggled keeping it up!


I was delighted to find this Nivea product which not only worked up as a cleanser but also toned the skin. This seemed perfect for me, and I thought it would be a bit more gentle on my skin rather than doing them separately. I'm absolutely loving this product, it make my skin feel really fresh and also moisturises it! I simply use my fingers to apply the lotion onto my skin in small circles and use a cotton pad to wipe it off! And it retails at £3.99 so is an absolute bargain!

Nivea Rich Moisturising Day Cream
Another Nivea product that I'm also loving this month. I've been using the Intense Moisturing Cream from The Body Shop for ages, and when I was almost out of it I decided to try a new product.


I am also loving this product, it makes my skin feel so soft! My skin feels moisturised all day, and is a great base to work on for my make up.

Eyeliner
I've recently started wearing eyeliner a lot more in the past couple of weeks. I went through phases of wearing it over the past couple of wears, having a constant battle with getting the winged parts matching. I was using Rimmel London's liquid eyeliner up until recently, but then wanted to experiment with a pen like applicator - it looked so much easier and quicker to use!

Luckily, my mum had one which she gave me as she didn't really use it. It's a Maxfactor one and it definitely a lot easier to use than the tiny thin brush I was working with. Being waterproof also means it dries super quick - although this can be a problem if you make a mistake - but other than that you can't really complain at how fast it dries.

I'm definitely as pro as the likes of Alexa Chung (yet) but I have been enjoying mixing my eye make up up with the classic winged black eyeliner. I will probably do a post soon on the eyeliners so watch out that!

This post isn't as long as I'd hoped, but without including Christmas presents (beauty products I received, here) there haven't been too new many favourites this month.

I hope you enjoyed reading this post and have a great new year! What are your December favourites?


xXx

2 comments:

  1. Happy new year! I love the sound of the nivea moisturiser!

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy new year to you to! Thank you! I can't get over how soft it leaves my skin, it's brilliant! xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...