Wednesday 19 March 2014

Garnier 24hr Hydrating Day Cream

If you've been reading my blog for a while now you'll probably know that I can't go a day without using a moisturiser on my face. With the warmer weather recently my skin hasn't been as dry as it is in colder months (hoorah!) and today I thought I'd share the brilliant moisturiser I'm currently using.


I got this Garnier Soft Essentials 24hr Hydrating day cream (enriched with rose water) a few weeks ago on a bit of a whim in Tesco when my Nivea one was running out and I saw it on offer. I hadn't tried anything from Garnier's range before so I was excited to try it out. As soon as I got home I tried it and haven't used my Nivea one since (bad, I know!)


The cream is so light - I don't think I've ever used a moisturiser that has been so light on my skin!

As it's so light it sinks/absorbs into my skin really well and quite quickly so I'm not left waiting for it to absorb into my skin. I have used moisturisers that were quick to sink in and then being left with dry skin an hour or so later but I have never had a problem like that with this Garnier one.

I (obviously) chose the cream for 'dry and sensitive skin' and I assume it's richer than the one for 'normal skin'. 














Due to the lightness of it my skin has is not left with a horrible greasy feel that I know can occur with some other face moisturisers.

After cleansing my face with the L'Oreal Micellar Solution (post here) I apply a dab of this all over my face every morning and night. I find it perfect to use in the morning and I can easily apply my foundation on top of it.


Overall, I'm thrilled with this moisturiser and would 100% recommend it. My skin feels so hydrated and soft after applying it, and the touch of rose water adds a lovely fragrance to it with smells so fresh (especially in those groggy early mornings!)

Have you tried anything from Garnier's range? Is there anything you'd recommend me checking out?

xXx

9 comments:

  1. Sounds good :)
    Adela x

    Misspinkstyle.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I might consider this when my Simple moisturiser runs out! It sounds great :) thanks for sharing.

    Lil | Lil Loves
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so good! Despite using it everyday it doesn't even look like that much has gone aha :) xx

      Delete
  3. Great review and I really loved the photographs. What camera do you use? I followed your blog and look forward to reading more

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I use my Canon 600D to take my photographs. Aww thank you! xx

      Delete
  4. Great review and I really loved the photographs. What camera do you use? I followed your blog and look forward to reading more

    ReplyDelete
  5. This wonderfully balancing day cream gives you the glowing balanced complexion you want while firming and nourishing your skin.
    health products

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is honestly a great face cream! I actually forgot about it but now, after reading this post, I'll re-purchase it, because I really liked it. And it's super affordable, too! :) I like the fact that it's not super greasy, so it's perfect for under the makeup as well.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...