Thursday 6 March 2014

Empties #1

This is my first ever "empties" post! Today I thought I'd share what products have been completely used up (that in all honesty is quite an achievement for me!) I always enjoy reading posts of products that people have used up. I'm sure everyone does it - you have a great product, absolutely love it, get a new one and abandon the one you were using before. Haven't done it? You must be lying! I decided to have a quick run through of each product and then conclude with whether I'd buy it again or not.

So what products have lasted long enough to be used up?


Okay. So not every product is completely gone (i.e. No7 foundation) but look, it's not got much left, has it? There is also a tiny bit left in the moisturiser but we won't tell anyone will we!


Soap & Glory - Scrub of your life
I got this back at the end of December in the Boots sale and have absolutely adored it! It smells incredible and makes my skin feel so fresh and smooth! I got the small version in the set and will definitely be picking up the full size one.

Would I buy it again?
Definitely!

Superdrug - Tea Tree Cleanser & Toner
I've had the end of this knocking around for ages so it's not that fresh in my mind aha.

Would I buy it again?
I've already moved on to a few cleansers and toners since I got this so I can't have been that impressed aha.

Rimmel London - Wake Me Up concealer
You can probably remember when I got this (although it feels like years ago) back in October when it appeared in quite a few of my posts. I've really loved using this concealer and would definitely recommend it. I, as you know, desperately want the Collection Lasting Perfection concealer so I won't be getting another one of these (yet?)

Would I buy it again?
I would say yes, although I have very high expectations for the Collection one so unless I can't get on with that I would happily buy this again.

Nivea - Rich Moisturising Day Cream
I got this back in January - how is it already March?! - and really liked the feel of this on my skin. It felt soft and my foundation applied really well over the top of this. Although this is for dry and sensitive skin (I got it for the dry part) I felt it could have been a bit better. For example on some "no make up days" after applying this my skin would occasionally feel a little dry after a couple of hours. This could have been for a number of reasons but I still thought it could have been a bit stronger.

Would I buy it again?
Perhaps not. I did really like it but wasn't "wowed" so would prefer to try out some other ones.

No7 Instant Radiance foundation
I was actually using this before I got my Rimmel one and never went back to it (bad, I know!) but have recently started using it again - one of the reasons was just to use it up!) I'd say this is quite a light/medium coverage but can be easily be built up. I got matched to this foundation using the cool little gadget that matches a your skin to a foundation! When my skin was particularly bad I would get frustrated as it wouldn't cover all my blemishes but I find it perfect when I want more of a natural foundation - I hope that made sense! Like the concealer, I have my eye on the Bourjous Healthy Mix foundation so won't be repurchasing this again (again, yet?)

Would I buy it again?
This does feel nice and light on my skin so yes, I would buy this again.


So that's my first "empties" post, I hope you enjoyed reading what products have lasted until the end, haha. I actually feel this is some sort of accomplishment!

I just thought I'd quickly ask if anyone has any tips on getting the last of a concealer out? I'm fed up of scraping around the sides (I hope you can see from the photos) but there is a little around the top and right at the bottom which the wand conveniently doesn't reach. Is there some magical way of getting it out? Or should I just give up?

What products have you tried, loved and used up? I'd love to hear in the comments below!

xXx

9 comments:

  1. I have just needed to repurchased this concealer, I love it.

    Hannah x | lovelettersandsnippets

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use the Wake Me Up concealer as well. It's amazing! :) x

    http://thefashionbreezeblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so good! I'll definitely go back if I don't like the Collection one! x

      Delete
  3. I have the moisturiser, I agree completely. It's not great because I think it feels a little bit greasy but it does make your skin a little soft. I probably won't repurchase it again!

    jenniewren3.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It made my skin feel lovely and soft but wasn't the most moisturising! xx

      Delete
  4. Such good picks, I might have to try the S&G scrub! I've nominated you for the Liebster Award too! Eek, have fun doing it xxx

    http://pawsandclaws101.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/liebster-time.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's gorgeous and smells incredible! Ahh thank you! xxx

      Delete
  5. Thank you, I've followed back! xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...