Monday 13 January 2014

Eyeliner

Recently I have been wearing eyeliner a lot more, and because of this new step in my make up routine, I want to be able to achieve the best winged eyeliner that I am capable of in the shortest amount of time! After seeing the chunkier, felt tip like pen in magazines and on blogs, I was desperate to try one as it looked so much easier. Luckily, my mum had one which she wasn't using and let me have to try.

I had been using the Rimmel Glam'Eyes liquid liner which has a very thin brush - excellent for details but not so quick when I'm half asleep in the morning!


I still use this when I'm having trouble with getting the flicks the same, and it is also nice to use to outline towards the inner corners of my eyes.


The thicker applicator is a Maxfactor Colour X-pert waterproof eyeliner which I have been loving. Despite it being waterfront, I don't have any issues when removing it after wearing it all day, although I do find it dries incredibly quickly. Now this may not seem a bad thing, but when I make a mistake and want to redo it, it doesn't come off lightly. This then creates problems of I have applied eyeshadow as I have to retouch that as well! However I can't really fault the product for this, it's more my applying skills that need improving, haha!

Left: Maxfactor | Right: Rimmel 

It's clear from the picture above to see why I prefer the thicker applicator!

What eyeliner do you use? Are you a fan of the thicker applicators?

xXx

2 comments:

  1. oh my gosh, just found your blog and i am actually in love! your photography is so good and i have loved reading through all your posts! this eyeliner looks so good! personally i'm more of a fan of thin applicators xxx

    www.emlaff.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you, Emily! The Rimmel one is so thin, I'd recommend it then if you're a fan of the thinner brushes! xxx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...