Monday 30 December 2013

Christmas Haul 2013 - Beauty

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and received lots of goodies! I wanted to share some new beauty products I received and absolutely love!

Avon

Right, let's get started! Firstly, I'm going to talk about some lovely products from Avon my Nanna got me, a brand which I have never tried any of their make up, apart from some nail polishes. I got a mascara, eye shadow primer, concealer and an eye make up remover cream. 


I have never owned an eye shadow primer before, but after trying this on Christmas Day I loved it. It made my eye shadow last all day, and it was a great base to work on.

The style of this concealer is also new to me, as I'm so used to it in the wand and liquid form. However, I was also pleased with the results of the coverage, and would definitely say that it is better for covering dark circles/red patches as opposed to blemishes and spots (it's not as easy to dab over them). 

As you probably know, I'm a huge fan of Benefit's They're Real mascara, but I find it impossible to get all of it off! No matter what, I will wake up with horrible black smudges under my eyes, but this eye make up remover has so far worked well with my new one, so I will put it to the test soon! 

And finally, I received the Mega Effects mascara - now, some of you, like me would have never of heard of this before, but I imagine there is a few who may have come across this. This mascara is amazing. Just amazing. 



I was intrigued when I first opened it and saw the brush shape and wand - it doesn't look like the average mascara! But believe me, the application and results are incredible! It lasted really well all day and I've been using it ever since - yep, I haven't gone back to They're Real yet!


Maybelline Colour Tattoo eyeshadows

For months I've been desperate to try these eye shadows, as they've cropped up a number of times on Instagram, YouTube and beauty blogs. I was delighted to open them on Christmas Day, and received the shades Pink Gold, On and On Bronze and Permanent Taupe.

Pink Gold | On and On Bronze | Permanent Taupe

Each has a beautiful metallic shimmer to them that look gorgeous on your eyelids!


I've tried all three gorgeous colours and I can't really name a favourite! They're so easy to apply, just a couple of dabs with your finger, and last all day! I think I'll probably end up wearing Pink Gold the most, as it's more subtle than the dark shades, although saying that all three are perfect to wear in the day.

Rimmel Stay Matte powder

This is another product I've been wanting to try, and it has certainly lived up to my expectations. I have the shade Soft Beige, and I feel it just finishes my make up. I have really dry skin, but was not put off by putting a powder on my skin. 


I probably won't need to wear this everyday, especially in the colder months with my skin, but I have found it helps my foundation stay in place and I really like the finish.



I hope you enjoyed reading this post, and I'd love to hear in the comments below what you got for Christmas! 

xXx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...