Wednesday 23 April 2014

USA Beauty Haul

It's a given fact that a lot of make up products are cheaper in America than the UK. A friend of mine recently went on holiday to America (I was insanely jealous!) and I kindly asked if he could pick up a few products that were cheaper over there for me. And here's what I got!


Benefit They're Real mascara
This is hands down my favourite mascara. I already have a bottle of this but it's on it's last legs and was considerably cheaper in America - about £13!

EOS lip balm in sweet mint
I have wanted to try one of these lip balms for ages. Not only do they look adorable (you can't beat good packaging) but I've seen them being a firm favourite by many. Despite being the cheapest - only a few dollars - I was certainly the most excited about this product. I asked for the sweet mint one, as I'm not always keen on the berry scents and I was sure I'd love mint - and I do! I can't get enough of this. Not only do I feel ridiculously cool opening the little sphere, it's delicious!

I've seen a lot of comparisons with this to Balmi, which I believe is a British version of the EOS product. I'm also keen to try that to compare the two! Let me know if you've tried them both or a Balmi in the comments below!

Benefit High Beam highlighter
And lastly, High Beam. This is the most gorgeous highlighter and I have used this everyday since I got it, I love how it brings my skin to life. I had been a bit weary of products like this before, looking like a nail polish bottle and being liquid, I never felt confident enough to branch out and try something like this. After using my Sleek Face Form palette and playing around with the highlighter in that, I wanted to explore other highlighters as I loved the effect of it. I'll do a full review of this soon!










After trying (and loving) the EOS lip balm, I'm already looking into getting more, and I've seen some god deals on Amazon. They sell them individually at roughly £4-£6 depending on the flavour, but also as a set where you get 8 for £24, working out at about £3 each. They're perfect for your bag - mine hasn't left my side since I got it!


Here is roughly the prices that I paid:

Mascara - £13 (£19.50 in UK)
Lip balm - £2/3? (I'm not entirely sure!)
Highlighter - £15 (£19.50 in UK)

So all in all a pretty good save!

Have you tried any of these products? What are your thoughts?


xXx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...