Friday 21 February 2014

Real Techniques brushes

Oh, Real Techniques brushes, what would I do without you?

The Real Techniques brushes were created by make up artist Sam Chapman - who shows how to use each and every brush (and they're multiple purposes) on her YouTube channel.


In case you were unaware of the range of brushes, here's a quick run through of the different types:

Gold - the base
These are known as the base brushes. Used to apply foundation, powder, bronzer, contour... pretty much anything!

Pink - the finish
The pink brushes are the finishing brushes. Used to give an airbrushed look, blusher, powder... again, these brushes have a range of purposes.

Purple - the eyes
The purple collection give you a brush for anything to do with eye make up as well as lips and eyebrows.

White - Duo Fibre
There is also the limited edition collection of Duo Fibre brushes - which I am desperate to get my hands on (you may have noticed the collection popping up in some previous posts!)


So, what brushes are in my collection?

Core Collection
The first set of make up brushes I got was the Core Collection. This included the detailer brush, pointed foundation brush, contour brush and the buffing brush. This also came with a handy travel case which can be folded to protect your brushes when on the move and can also be used to display them. 

Detailer brush - I use this brush to lightly fill in my eyebrows.

Pointed foundation brush - I use this for concealer and tidying up under my eyes after using eyeshadow.

Contour brush - I use this to contour and highlight.

Buffing brush - I use this to apply blusher although I hope to get the blush brush soon. I have also used this to blend in concealer which works really well.

Expert Face Brush
This brush is incredible. This was the next brush I added to my collection, which applies foundation like a dream. It's so easy to work in and build foundation, and gives a brilliant finish. Love, love, love!

Stippling Brush
I then got the Stippling Brush which makes foundation look flawless and airbrushed. 


You can probably tell I absolutely love these brushes, and I definitely recommend them, they're also at an affordable price so you can't really go wrong. I'd also love to add more brushes to my collection - the new retractable brushes also look great!

Have you got any Real Techniques brushes? What other brushes would you recommend?


xXx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...