Tuesday 9 December 2014

RAW PRINT - 03/13/14



Last Wednesday I attended a RAW Print lecture at Spanky Van Dykes in Nottingham, with guest lecturers Timba Smits, creative director from Huck magazine and Little White Lies, and Lynsey and Claire from Ballard Of.

With the topic of magazines, I was instantly intrigued, as I've always had a passion and love for them, with many moments thought about working for one in the future. Already excited over the topic, and set in a quirky and fun bar like Spankys, I knew this was going to be good. And oh, it was.



Timba Smits was a superb speaker, and before sharing his work and current situation, he gave us a background of himself. He stated how before you can truly understand and appreciate someone else's work, he feels you should know a little about their past and story.

His work was outstanding, and has really inspired me to start drawing and sketching again - a skill I wish I had continued to practice. I absolutely loved his lecture, and was honestly blown away.




"Designers share publishing expertise" - RAW Print

It was really interesting to listen to discussions of print magazines when we live in such a digital world. I'm still heartbroken that Company magazine is now online only, as that my was favourite magazine and I even had a subscription to it. 

I will definitely be attending a RAW Print lecture in the future.

RAW Print is a collaboration between Matt Gill, one of my lecturers on the course and Alex Smith of Ideas on Paper, a brilliant magazine shop in Nottingham.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...