Tuesday 24 February 2015

Fragrance Trend Booklet


To see the whole booklet, I've uploaded it to ISSUU where you can see it as a publication:


Our brief was to plan, design and create a booklet on InDesign depicting four key trends for fragrance in 2016 that we had identified from looking at 2014 and 2015 advertising campaigns etc. The 12 page A5 double sided booklet was to be staple bound and we were only given just over two weeks to create it.

We had to select a theme for each of our trends, and I decided to look into:

location and place
exploring the shift in location from the monochrome city landscape, to adverts bringing in more nature and light

shape and silhouette
showing the development of the classic simple bottle cap to the rise in mini sculptures and pieces of art topping the fragrance bottles

story and narrative
showing how the sweet and innocent little girl portrayed through soft and gentle pink tones is growing up with a touch of attitude, presenting a punch of pop with deeper and brighter pinks

function and handling
how the smooth spherical bottle shapes are colliding with the blunt angular edges of others to create a hybrid of texture and hold


I could barely contain my excitement after the lecture about the design of the booklet and an introduction to InDesign. I was fortunate to already know my way around the basics of the programme so I dived in head first into exploring with layout and design.

I'm really proud of my finished booklet and loved seeing it printed and bound. I will be definitely practising my InDesign skills with more booklets and publications - I think it'll be hard to stop me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...