Wednesday 25 February 2015

Unnecessary brand ambassadors

Brands and their use of celebrity ambassadors can be a hit or miss. Whilst some work superbly and really communicate the ethos of the brand, others simply flunk. Sometimes that specific celebrity doesn't really fit in and other times one simply isn't needed. That's how I feel about Balenciaga's choice with Kristen Stewart as the face of the FloraBotanica fragrance.

I'm not the biggest fan of the Twilight star, and I can remember being quite surprised when I first saw this advertising campaign. I feel that a celebrity was not needed for this campaign and the use of an unknown model would have worked much better.

The actress, known for her often expressionless face does not bring anything to the brand or fragrance advert in my opinion, and I don't see the connection between her and the brand at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...