Sunday 15 February 2015

NYC Shopping

Shopping in New York was like a dream come true. Not only was it snowing, yellow taxis whizzing past us, everything lit up at night - so many brands and products were cheaper than they are here in the UK. I can proudly say that I made a trip to a MAC store or counter every day, and the beauty, cosmetic and fragrance areas (often whole floors) in stores such as Macy's and Lord and Taylor where heavenly. I was in paradise.

So what did I buy?




Benefit They're Real mascara
Hands down the best mascara of all time. I picked up another one as it never hurts to have a back up or one ready. 

Benefit Hoola bronzer
I had stopped using my Revlon highlighting palette (used it as a bronzer) to contour when autumn and winter finally came into full swing, going back to my trusty Sleek Face Form palette. I'd heard countless good things about this Benefit bronzer and with it being matte I could go back to contouring with it, without looking out of place. It applies perfectly and I'm thrilled I made this purchase. 

Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion
I couldn't resist buying this after absolutely loving the testers I got with my Naked palettes.

MAC Velvet Teddy and MAC Twig
I couldn't believe I managed to get Velvet Teddy (two, one for my friend Maddie) in the Times Square store after it being sold out in Macy's! And Twig is the most gorgeous nude/brown shade, I can't stop wearing it - I'll try and do a post and swatch of them soon.

MAC Pro Longwear Blush All Day
I'd been wanting to get a natural blusher for everyday wear for ages,  and in the MAC on Fifth Avenue I found the perfect one with the help of a lovely and really helpful MAC girl.

MAC 217 brush
This was one of those impulse buys whilst I was waiting to pay for the blusher (oops) but I just had to see what all the fuss was about!

Sí by Giorgio Armani
This perfume became an instant favourite of mine when I first got a taste of it in a sample tester in Vanity Fair towards the end of last year. It's absolutely gorgeous.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...