Thursday 12 February 2015

RAW PRINT - 11/02/15



After absolutely loving the RAW Print lecture in December, when I saw the advert for the next one I had to go. The lecture yesterday included a talk by Steve Watson from Stack and Alec Dudson from Intern magazine in a new location, at The Lace House after a sudden change from Spanky's. This was also a particularly special RAW Print as it was also being recorded by the BBC and will be featured on Newsnight in an insight to independent magazines.

As I've said before, I've always had a love for magazines and one point made by Steve Watson really rang true to me, that magazines capture a time and a place. I think it's something about them being physical that makes them so special to me, as you can have something that sits on your shelf that has captured a specific moment in time, which can not be achieved by using a tablet or computer.

By no means am I diminishing technology, I just strongly believe print is irreplaceable. It's permanent.


"Intern is a bi-annual independent print publication concerned with internships in the creative industries"


"Stack selects the best independent magazines and delivers them direct to your door every month"
www.stackmagazines.com

Once again I thoroughly enjoyed my time at the RAW Print lecture, and have possibly been convinced to subscribe to Stack!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...