Thursday 29 May 2014

My Skin Care Routine - How I Tackle Dry Skin

Wow, I can't believe my last post was over a week ago - very sorry! I'm currently on study leave and have been revising for my exams so my blog has taken a temporary backseat. But fear not, I'll be back to normal in less than a month now! So, today I thought I'd tell you about my current skin care routine, tackling dry skin!



I'm not going to lie, I've always been a bit rubbish with a proper skin care routine. In the past I've had many new face scrubs and washes but I was never able to stick them out more than a week. Whether what they promised wasn't showing, or it was a bit to strong for everyday use, they would end up at the back of the cupboard collecting dust. However, after the discovery of L'Oreal's Micellar Solution and really getting in to makeup, I really wanted to improve the condition of my skin.

If you've read my blog for a while, you will of course know I need to use a face moisturiser daily. So here's the products that I've been using everyday (yes, everyday!) for a few weeks now:



L'Oreal Micellar Solution
This is no stranger to my blog and I can safely say this is still a firm favourite in my skin care routine. I apply the solution to a round cotton pad and remove my make up, normally using 2-3 pads to remove it all. I have a full post on this, here.

The Body Shop - Vitamin E Cream Exfoliator
I stumbled across this in the cupboard a few weeks ago and it has since made it's way into my (almost) day routine. As I have dry and quite sensitive skin, I felt that using this everyday would be too much, so I probably only use this 4-5 times a week. I only really use this on my "problem" areas - forehead, nose and chin. I've used exfoliators in the past that have been quite tough for my skin, however as this is a cream based one it is much more gentle.



Nivea - Daily Essentials Soothing Cleansing Mousse
I. love. this. This featured in a wish list ages ago, and a few weeks ago I finally picked it up in Morrisons, which had it reduced. In the bottle it looks like an average cleanser but when you pump it out it turns into the softest foam - I'm a sucker for stuff like that! It doesn't say on the bottle whether to apply onto wet or dry skin, and I often pat my skin dry so it is slightly moist when I apply it. I massage 1-2 pumps of foam onto my face and rub in small circles with my fingers. After rinsing, I'm left with super soft, cleansed skin, yay!

Nivea - Daily Essentials Rich Moisturising Day Cream
Remember this? This was my daily moisturiser up until I got the Garnier 24hr Hydrating Cream, post here. As I was using the cleansing mousse from the same range by Nivea, it only seemed right to use the moisturiser in the range - and it was a bit of a bonus as I already had it (my mum had a spare tube and gave it to me!)

I can definitely see the perks of pairing the mousse and moisturiser fro the same range (Dry and Sensitive) and the two really go hand in hand.

So, that is my current skin care routine! Let me know in the comments below if you have tried any of these products or have one that you think I should be using!

Oh, and here's a little tip I've been finding very useful:
As I was always rubbish at sticking to a routine - I've been using this one for about 4 weeks now! - I now keep my moisturiser in the bathroom with my other products, as I now have to go into the bathroom before applying my make up. I used to keep it in my bedroom which meant I would easily become lazy and not stick to a routine. It also means it can now be the first and last thing I do in the day!

Hope everyone is okay, I'll be back to normal soon!


xXx

8 comments:

  1. Hey :) I have dry skin too and find the L'oreal Micellar water works wonders!
    For moisturising I like to use Simple Kind to Skin hydrating light moisturiser, it's really great for sensitive skin however I feel like it doesn't last very long so may have to try the Garnier 24hr cream you mentioned!
    Lil x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey :) I love how gentle it is on the skin! Oo I've heard a lot of people talk about the Simple range and how good it is for sensitive skin! I'd give the Garnier one a definite go, let me know what you think of it if you try it :) xx

      Delete
  2. Hey, I have dry skin too :) for make up wipes, I use the L'oreal Nourishing Cleansing wipes :) It works for me :D u should also try using green tea and Olive oil with honey once a week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey :) I love hearing tips from other people who have dry skin aha! Oo I'll definitely have a look into that, thank you for your recommendation! xx

      Delete
  3. Hi there, just to let you know that I have tagged you in my latest post 'The Beauty Blogger' TAG if you would like to contribute. Here is the link to my blog and the questions :) xx
    http://www.beautybyholliana.blogspot.co.uk/2014/06/the-beauty-blogger-tag.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've got dry skin as well and I have to exfoliate every few days so I don't get any annoying dry patches! The Vitamin E range from Body Shop is amazing, I tried their moisturiser and it worked so well that I feel like I need to get more products from them now!

    Yige || Yet Another Makeup Blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've found exfoliating works wonders! I love how it's a cream one, makes my skin feel lovely and smooth! xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...