Thursday 27 August 2015

WHAT IS LUXURY? ...not this!


Not this exhibition!

When I went to visit the brilliant Alexander McQueen exhibition at the V&A I also went and had a look at the What Is Luxury? exhibition which was also in the V&A. 

At the beginning of summer I'd made a list of exhibitions I'd wanted to see and this was one of them. Luckily it was at the V&A because I would have been fuming to have gone up to London just to see this on its own. What a disappointment! In all honesty I hadn't read up or looked into it at all but wow, was definitely not worth a trip just for that. With a title like it had I was expecting a really "wow" display of items and objects, beautiful things that were desirable and were lusted over. I vaguely remember a big circle of sand and some mechanical device hanging above it, a chair made of plastic and a vending machine of medical treatments. Actually, I'm not even sure what it was, that's how memorable it was!

If you're bored and have some time to kill at the V&A, go and have a drink or browse in the shop. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...