Wednesday 26 August 2015

Louboutin: The World's Most Luxurious Shoes

"You don't need it, you want it. It's a desire" - Christian Louboutin

I couldn't have out it better myself, of course I don't need a pair of £600 red soled shoes - who actually does? But I certainly wouldn't turn a pair down (any offers are welcome, I'm a size 4).

I knew next to nothing about the designer of the most expensive shoes in the world, so enjoyed watching the Channel 4 documentary, Louboutin: The World's Most Luxurious Shoes with no previous knowledge of him.


Source
One thing I found very interesting was when he was previewing his new collection and was asked, "Who will buy these?" To which he replied, "I don't know". I feel like that really summed up just how successful he is. Not to mention his four homes dotted all of the world, to confidently design a collection of shoes with no specific consumer in mind really shows belief in his brand. So many brands today design for a specific consumer in mind, answering a problem or solving something, and often the more specific the better. But here was Christian Louboutin launching a designer range of heels with the price point of £600+ and he had no idea who would buy them, but knew people would. He stated how he was excited to see who would, he likes the surprise of seeing what people buy them.

I watched in awe at some of his customers collections, who gushed how they loved collecting them, almost to the point they didn't buy them to wear, it was to have. I guess everyone has that something they like to collect or at least desire to, but I don't think the reality of collecting such expensive shoes is one for many. 

Perhaps unsurprisingly, he really beams with self confidence, "Love life and love who you are. That's what I try to do. I love myself!"

If I was the brand owner of the self titled, most expensive shoes in the world which is loved and lusted by everyone and their nan, I'd love myself too.

You can watch the documentary here (15 days left!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...