Wednesday 26 August 2015

ALEXANDER MCQUEEN SAVAGE BEAUTY

On the 1st of July I visited the Alexander McQueen exhibition, Savage Beauty at the V&A in London. Having had it booked for months, and hearing so many raving reviews and comments about it I was almost bursting with excitement.


Source
In terms of the design and making of clothes, I do not come from the most fashion orientated background, but you don't need to know a single thing about fashion to be amazed by the truly stunning work the exhibition holds. I honestly don't have enough words to describe how beautiful, impressive and awe-inspiring it was.

Not only were the clothes - so intricate and gorgeous it feels wrong to call them "clothes", more like costumes - mind-blowing, but the whole exhibition set up was fantastic. From a visual exhibition point of view, it was incredible. Each room or space reflected the pieces of work perfectly.

From a Instagram and photo taking addict, not being allowed to take photographs was frustrating, but I got the book for the exhibition so I can relive the display.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...