Thursday 4 June 2015

"Small Change, Big Difference" advertising campaign

"What's your favourite advert?" is a question that always makes me stumble. Every time I am asked that question every single advert I have seen, enjoyed or hated escapes from my memory and I'm often left gawking. Of course, some are unforgettable, like the Cadbury's gorilla playing the drums or the beautiful John Lewis Christmas adverts (the Snowmen, the Bear and the Hare and the Penguins). One thing that I find incredibly astounding is the fact that these adverts have made their way into my mind and I can't forget them. Connecting with an advert with an emotion, whether it makes me smile of tear up (the Snowmen got me, they really did) is a pretty incredible thing.

I recently discovered an advertising campaign called, "Small Change, Big Difference" by fashion photographer Calle Stolz teamed with Saatchi and Saatchi for Cordaid, a non-profit organisation.




The photographs show impoverished "models" from the Samburu tribe in Kenya posing as fashion models displaying a series of luxury items.

The price of each luxury item is paired with the cost of simple life necessities such as food and water.


Placed on billboards in shopping centres, as well as printed on cards and coasters, the message of the campaign is extremely powerful, and one you are unlikely to forget.


What I found even more shocking was that this campaign was made in 2007, and is still being shared today, eight years later.


If this isn't incredible advertising, I don't know what is.

Here is the link where I found the campaign: designtaxi.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...