Wednesday 14 January 2015

Street Style Photo Essay - tackling changes

For my street style photo essay I had originally chosen trench coats as my topic of focus. However, as the weather turned the number of trench coats I saw on the street plummeted.

Due to the serious decline, I had to come up with a new idea. Inspired bursts of colour by the yellow taxis in New York and red buses in London, I started seeing this applied to style on the street. In Photoshop I began to alter the depth of field and draw out the pop of colour using triangular shapes, mirroring fragments breaking up the grey landscape.


I first panicked when my original idea just wasn't working, however it has taught me that sometimes a step needs to be taken backwards before you can go forwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...