Sunday 11 January 2015

New York 2015

After a lovely Christmas and New Year, seeing friends and family at home I was back to Nottingham on the 3rd of January. It felt odd going back, as I'd got used to being home again, although I couldn't wait to see my friends, go out and have fun.

I'd barely got my feet on the ground when Monday came along, and I was off to New York. Yep, New York! Ever since I can remember I've always wanted to go to the Big Apple and finally the moment had arrived.

 




Even when I woke up on that Monday (at 6.30am may I just add) it still didn't feel real. We headed down to London Heathrow on the coach and after a little nap, we were checking in and heading to the gate. I'd be lying it if I said I wasn't bursting with excitement for the films on the plane - I watched The Fault in Our Stars (cried), Bad Neighbours (to cheer myself up) and then Maleficent (I'd been meaning to see for ages).

Arriving later at JFK than expected - at Heathrow there was a slight hold up, the pilot literally said "erm, we were meant to leave 5 minutes ago and I'm not sure why we didn't", we went straight to bed when we got to the hotel. 

Waking up in New York felt crazy enough, but there was one thing that none of us had expected to see out of our windows. Snow. It was snowing! After the coos and ahhs realisation suddenly hit. I had not prepared for snow. I had a dress and tights in my suitcase, what was I thinking?!

To say we got cold at times during our stay an understatement if there ever was one. At the top of the Empire State it was -16. It makes me shudder just thinking about it now. 

Arriving Monday night and leaving late Saturday afternoon only gave us four full days to explore the city. And boy, did we do a lot...

Tuesday

  • explore 5th avenue, Lord and Taylor, Macy's, Erin's bronzer fiasco
  • Fake Fashion at FIT (Fashion Institute of Technology)
  • Madison Square Garden
  • Heartland Brewery
  • Times Square (MAC, M&M world)
  • Empire State Building at night, -16

Wednesday

  • explore Chelsea, visit Chelsea Market
  • Diner
  • High Line
  • NYC perfume store
  • Ground Zero
  • Emergency hot chocolate
  • Soho, go to Alexander Wang and it's closed
  • Walk to Brooklyn Bridge
  • Erin almost died
  • Went on a trek to find the nearest subway

Tired yet?


Thursday

  • perfume talk at FIT
  • Go to Soho
  • Alexander Wang, And Other Stories, Balenciaga
  • Subway to Brooklyn, trek to the museum
  • Killer Heels exhibition
  • Get a McDonald's

Friday

  • Garment District Tour
  • Subway
  • Travelled to Central Park
  • Selfie stick time
  • Shopping centre
  • Bergdoff Goodman, Tiffany, Saks, Mac, Sephora
  • Grand Central
  • Junior's cheesecake, Katie's colossal piece
  • Top of the Rock
  • Yellow taxi back to the hotel 

It was one of the best weeks of my life. I spent the week with three of the loveliest girls and had so many laughs. Let's just hope jet lag isn't too cruel to me!



New York is undoubtedly the best place I've ever visited and I'm already craving  go back.

1 comment:

  1. Aw! Just reading this made me miss New York!

    Hope you had a lovely time!

    Fleur | wishesandtea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...