Saturday 26 October 2013

Rimmel London Haul

Ok, so before I begin, don't be fooled by the word "haul" as this post only consists of 3 items, haha. However, as this is my blog I am going to call this post a haul.

Today I popped into my local town high street with a mission to purchase a foundation and have a long and deep stare at the various make-up counters. I have been using No7's Instant Radiance foundation for the last couple of months, and with only a fraction left, I wanted to take an adventure and try a new brand.

I have read great reviews about a variety of Rimmel London's foundations, with my eye on the Stay Matte foundation, however I couldn't find the right shade for me.


I then started looking at the Lasting Finish foundation, in which I found the perfect match for my skin! A friend who was with me was startled when she read "lasts for 25 hours" and gasped, "Why would you want it to last that long?! Would you sleep in it?!". Despite not needing my foundation to last that long, I was intrigued to try it, as my previous foundation would wear off during the day.


After doing the classic swatch-on-the-back-of-your-hand, I concluded (with the help of my mum) that Ivory was the shade for me.


Rimmel London currently do an offer in Boots that when you spend £10 or more on their products, you get the Scandal Eyes Lycra Flex mascara for free. Although I didn't need a new mascara, I wasn't going to ignore this deal, and picked up the Wake Me Up concealer in Classic Ivory to push my total over £10.


The mascara does have a brush head, which isn't my normal preference, however I am open to experiment and look forward to trying it out.

So, there is my first "haul" blog post - how exciting! I can't wait to have a play with my new purchases!

Have you tried these products? Did you enjoy this haul post? Let me know in the comments below!

xXx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...