Saturday 12 October 2013

Dogtooth Treggings

When the houndstooth/dogtooth print trend hit the shops, I was determined to get my hands on an item, although wasn't sure what to get.

Topshop did some gorgeous houndstooth leggings, which sold out in a flash, and you know the saying "you always want what you can't have"? well this fit the situation. However, despite looking longingly at them, I did question how much wear I would get out of them, as I literally live in my Topshop Joni jeans. (Isn't it annoying when you think sensibly like that?!)

With more and more shops creating different pieces of clothing in the print, there still wasn't anything that caught my eye and made me think "I'd wear that a LOT". Plus, there were so many varities; large print, small print, I didn't know what to choose from!

So, while still admiring the print greatly, I had pretty much given up hope of owning something with it on.

While out shopping with some friends, we walked past Marks & Spencers, shop that I rarely venture in to while shopping for myself, and as we went past we saw some dogtooth trousers in the window. We shot in there, searching the shop for them, and when we finally did, ran into the fitting rooms.

They were proper trousers, with a lovely sized print of the pattern, but something that I wouldn't really wear, to my disappointment. If I was more of a trouser person, than jeans, then they would be right up my street, however I didn't want to spend my money on something I wouldn't get much wear out of.

When shopping with my mum, we went into M&S, and I went to find the trousers to show her, but while on the way, stumbled across these gorgeous dogtooth treggings. While I had previously preferred the black on white combination, these were black on a dark grey. Being a mix between trousers and leggings, there we so comfy and soft! I aborted my quest to find the original trousers, and ran to the changing rooms with my new find.

I love the fit of them, and find them quite flattering, too. They are also fairly high-waisted, something that I personally like.

The colours of the treggings allows you to wear them with pretty much anything! Jumpers, t-shirts, vests, a whole variety!


Do you own anything with the houndstooth/dogtooth print?

xXx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...