Monday 19 August 2013

Stay at Nanna's


Last week I returned home from spending a week with my Nanna, who lives in a lovely quiet village. We had a lovely couple of days together; shopping, popping out, visiting people and having some relaxed days. While staying with her, she showed me her school satchel, with beautiful worn leather, which held her school books. It was lovely to see her elegant handwriting and to see what books and other topics they studied, all before the days of computers and advanced technology. It made me realise how different our schooling was, considering it is less than 60 years ago, and made me wonder how different technology will be in the next 60 years... scary, huh? 



On the second evening of my stay, there was the most beautiful sunset. The sky was bursting with gorgeous hues of oranges and pinks, contrasting against the surrounding silhouetted forests. I honestly could not believe my eyes as I stood in my Nan's garden, snapping this incredible sky. The clouds complemented the scene wonderfully, too. I know it sounds incredibly soppy, but it was so overwhelming I couldn't help but feel emotional!





On the Saturday, we ventured out to a Butterfly Zoo, and wow, I would of kicked myself if I hadn't took my camera with me! Butterflies of all shapes, sizes and colours flew (or should I say fluttered?) around, perching on a range of exotic plants and flowers, and I'm sure some of them posed for me! One even landed on my hip - I was thrilled I managed to snap a photo! I had so much fun playing around with my camera, experimenting with the depth of field to capture the beautiful butterflies. There were caterpillars there too!








On the last day of my stay, we went to the local harbour, and I captured some incredible blue skies with white fluffy clouds. We had a lovely little walk along the harbour, enjoying they brilliant views before we headed back home. 






I had a great week with my Nanna, my particular highlights being the sunset and the Butterfly Zoo, which I have been reminded of their incredible beauty while creating this post - my first post! I hope you have enjoyed my first post, as I have certainly enjoyed creating it!


x X x

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...